Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our Community

Gainesville, Ga is a great place to raise a family. I feel lucky to be practicing in the same hometown where I grew up. The Hoschton/Braselton area is a new and upcoming area where our newest office is located. With football season on the horizon and the smell of fall in the air, I'm excited to attend some of our local high school football games. Many of our patients are football players and cheerleaders for the various schools in the community and I look forward to supporting them this fall. We are currently remodeling our Gainesville office to have a University of Georgia game room. Since we are only 45 minutes away from Athens, there are many Georgia football fans. We hope this new addition will give our patients siblings something to do and look forward to while they wait.



One of the things that I do to give back to our profession is volunteer for "Good News at Noon".

(Prepares and serves lunch the first Wednesday of each month for 50-100 disadvantaged people... read more) This is basically a local place in Gainesville where doctors, dentists and pharmacists volunteer their time to the people in the community to provide services to them at no charge. The emotional reward is worth more than anything else that I could imagine doing for a fee. Since many of the dentists are closed on Fridays, this is usually the day that we give back our time.

One of the favorite places that I like to eat in Gainesville is Poor Richards. This is a local restaurant that has been around for many years and continues to be one of the favorite places to eat in Gainesville. My wife and I go there at least once a week.

No comments: